Total donations: $7,311.46
With the bonus donations, I have raised a remarkable total of $7,311.46 for this year's Extra Life event thanks to generous donations like you. Unfortunately, this website was under a malicious attack and many people who tried to donate was unable to for much of the day. For those who have tried but was unable to donate, I would greatly appreciate if they try again. Patsy will continue to match post event donations till the end of November 5th.
I will upload the entire marathon over the next few days for your enjoyment.
Who am I
Welcome to my Extra Life fundraising page of Aaron Hui. Game day begins Saturday, November 2, 2019 and it will be my 7th year doing this annual 24-hour gaming marathon. Once again, all donors who make a donation of any amount will be matched by at least $10. My #ExtraLifeChallenge donation bonuses will be making a return as well for additional bonus donations.
Please come back and visit this page on game day November 2, 8 AM. I will begin my marathon which will be streaming from here and my YouTube channel
Spread the Word
Please help share this on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and Instagram. Patsy Hui will donate $1 for every Like ♥️ and $5 for every Share.* (For further details, see Social Media Donations below.) #ExtraLifeChallenge #ForTheKids #BCCHF
Only likes and shares of the linked posts below will be counted towards the bonus donations:
💰 Please donate by clicking on the donate button at the top of this page. Patsy Hui will donate an additional $10 for each unique donor. Below the incentive options, you can choose to donate any amount.
You can now choose between USD🗽 and CAD🍁 currencies when donating by credit card. PayPal only charges in USD.
Please note that the tax receipt will be issued in the name specified for the Cardholder for credit card donations or under the PayPal account name if donated via PayPal.
Based on the amount you donate, you can challenge me to complete activities listed below. You may allocate your donation to multiple challenges. For example, if you donate $100 CAD, you may request one multiplayer match ($50), three Star Wars trivia questions (3 x $10 = $30) and add two dice to the Tower (2 x $10). The best way to send me the challenge is through the YouTube live chat during the event. However, when you make the donation, you can choose the option to send me a message where you can specify your challenges. You can also contact me via Skype (username: SurfWarrior), email or on Google Hangouts (aaronhui77 'at' gmail.com).
All prices below are in 🍁Canadian CAD🍁
- $10 - Dice Tower Challenge - I'll have a webcam set up on a tower of dice. For every $10 you can challenge me to add a dice to the tower. When the tower collapses, a matching $50 donation will be made for each time the tower collapses plus the resulting values on the collapsed dice will be added up as additional bonus donation dollars. The Extra Life logo on the dice is valued at $10 instead of $6. (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $10 - Star Wars Trivia Challenge - Ask me a Star Wars trivia question. The question must be answerable based off Star Wars canon movie content and is easily verifiable (by a Google Search or quickly reviewing the movie.), excluding credit information (so no "Who is the actor that played Gold 5" type questions, please). (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $10 - 🎲Let it Roll🎲 Challenge (A good option if you don't have a preference)
- I'll roll a six-sided die and do one of the following:
- 1 - Childhood Photo 👶 - I will reveal a childhood photo of myself.
- 2 - Pair-A-Dice 🎲🎲 - Two dice are added to the Dice tower
- 3 - Backwards only - When playing games, I will be restricted to backwards only movement for two minutes. (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- 4 - Sideways only - In the game, I can only move side-to-side for two minutes.
- 5 - DOOM mode - For two minutes, I'll be restricted from jumping, crouching, zooming, running, grenades, or any special action skills.
- 6 - Critical Hit - $20 bonus donation made by Patsy and I re-roll the Dice Challenge.
- $20 - Try Not To Laugh Challenge 🤣 - You have two options for this challenge. You can send me a link to an online video. I'll watch the video up to 1 minute, and try not to laugh or smile. Or, you can Skype in live and try for 60 seconds to make me laugh or smile.) (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $50 - Head-to-Head Challenge 🎮 - Challenge me to one of the head-to-head multiplayer video games. More details here. (See also: Challenge Bonuses)
- $50 - 💣Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes💥 Challenge - Skype in and help me defuse a bomb. (See also: Special Challenge Event)
- $100 - Sing A Song Challenge - I will sing an excerpt of a song of your choice for 1 minute. Please ensure there is nothing vulgar in the lyrics.
Please send me suggestions. I will continue to add and adjust this list.
New this year: This Extra Life website has an incentive section where I put some of my challenges that you can "purchase", unfortunately, at the moment, you can only choose one option with a single quantity, so it is better to just donate and message me what challenges you want me to do, but I did put some options there which are priced and charge in USD only.
Patsy Hui is once again sponsoring my Extra Life event and will make bonus donations if I succeed or fail specific challenges.
- $1 - Per kill during the two minute game challenge period from the Let it Roll challenge.
- $10 - Aaron fails to get a kill or gets killed during the two minute game challenge.
- $20 - Aaron fails a Star Wars trivia challenge.
- $20 - Aaron fails a Try Not To Laugh challenge.
- $50 - Aaron loses to a head-to-head multiplayer game.
- $50 - The Dice tower collapses. (It will be reset for additional rounds.)
- $75 - Successful bomb defusal. (*see Special Challenge Events)
More to come!
Special Challenge Events
💣Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes💥 - Donate $50 and you can choose this challenge. Viewers from the YouTube live stream can help me defuse the in-game "bomb." Anyone can also help by typing into the Live Chat or by Skyping or calling in. The bomb defusal manual is available at http://www.bombmanual.com.
The game parameters will be 8 minutes to defuse a bomb with 5 random modules. Needy modules and hardcore mode are off. If we are unsuccessful in defusing a bomb, $10 will be added to bonus donations for each module within the bomb that is successfully deactivated. So if we happen to complete 4 of the 5 modules, $40 will be added.
Dog Race Challenge 🐕 - If I reach the stretch goal of $4000. I will race my dog Mina around the park (Live Skype broadcast. Total distance 1.1km from my front gate and back). A bonus donation will be made based on how fast I run: Donation amount = 2^(time in minutes - 8)*100. So if I complete the race in 7 minutes, I donate $50, 8 minutes = $100, and 9 minutes = $200. 8m30s = $141.42, etc.
If I raise these amounts prior to the Saturday November 2, 8 AM before any of the bonus donations, then the following will be unlocked. These amounts are in CAD.
$3000 - Borderlands-style make-up session 💄 - UNLOCKED (Scheduled for approximately 7:30pm-8pm)
$4000 - Dog Race Challenge 🏁🏃♂️🐕 - UNLOCKED (Scheduled for 1:30pm)
$5000 - 25 hours (1 bonus hour to make up for Daylight Savings Time) 🕑
$6000 - I will take transit to work for one week 🚌 to save the environment 🌳 and to raffle out more parking spot days to co-workers who donate.
I am open to suggestions for more stretch goals.
Staff Free Parking
All staff who donate at least $10 will get at least one day of free parking. Click here for more information.
- 8:00 AM - I will start playing Borderlands 3
- 1:30 PM - Dog Race Challenge
- 7:30 PM - Borderlands Make-Over Cosplay session
- Primarily I will be playing Borderlands, I may spend a bit of time to finish Star Wars Battlefront II which I was playing in last year's Extra Life event.
- Later in evening I will see if I'm up to playing more Dishonored 2. I've been playing that franchise during every Extra Life event since I started back in 2013.
I'll be doing challenges on demand and will take a break from my current game as soon as it is convenient.
Social Media Bonus Donations
*Social Media bonus donations will be capped as follows and cut off by midnight on Saturday, November 2nd. The donation will be made post-event by Patsy Hui.
- Facebook Like - $1 each (maximum $200)
- Facebook Share - $5 each (maximum $500)
- Twitter Likes - $1 each (maximum $200)
- Twitter Retweets - $5 each (maximum $500)
- Reddit Upvotes - $1 each (maximum $100)
- Instagram likes - $1 each (maximum $100)
- How do I donate in Canadian Funds?
- If you use PayPal, the amount will be charged in USD. To be charged in CAD, you must select the credit card option and then you can choose the CAD option.
- You cannot choose any of the incentive options as they will be charged only in USD.
- How much total social media bonus donations can I earn?
- If you Like and Retweet my Twitter post, it would be worth a total of $6. You can potentially contribute $14 by sharing every social media post. Patsy Hui will make these bonus donations after the event.
- When do I get my tax receipt?
- Tax receipts for these gifts will be emailed from email@example.com by January 2020 if you have a Canadian address. An emailed US tax receipt is issued immediate which US residents can use.
- Can I combine my donation with a friend of mine to challenge you?
- No. You cannot combine your donation with another donor for the purposes of challenges.
- How much should I donate?
- The more the merrier! If you are unable to donate, you can still contribute by sharing the social media posts. Even if you donate only $1, an additional $10 will be made by Patsy Hui which would be a total of $11 going to help sick children. The bonus $10 donation does not count towards the challenge donation.
- If you choose the option to "cover processing costs", all it does is increase your donation value by 7%. You will receive a tax receipt for the full amount you were charged, and BC Children's Hospital Foundation will receive the full amount that you have donated.
- How do you calculate the bonus to the Reddit social media bonus?
- Reddit posts can be upvoted and downvoted. If it has 5 upvotes and 2 downvotes, then it will have a score of 3. It gets a bit more complicated than that as Reddit does some fudging of the numbers. Also, I cannot see how many upvotes there are, rather I am provided with the percentage of upvotes, so I can use this formula to determine the upvotes from the total reddit score: upvotes = p*t/(2p-1). Also, I will refresh the reddit page 5 times and take the highest score.
- Can I Skype you during your Live Stream?
- For a minimum donation of $20, you may Skype in. Please make arrangements with me and send me a message through the YouTube chat first. Your webcam will be displayed on the Live stream. Please be courteous and keep it PG.
- What happens when the dice tower falls?
- I'll keep track each time it falls for any reason. At the end of the event, $50 will be donated by Patsy for each time it collapses. If you challenged me to stack multiple dice, and it has collapsed before I move them all, then a new tower will start so any remaining turns won't be wasted.
- I've already donated and I haven't sent you my challenge. Is it too late to do so?
- Not at all! You can contact me in the Live Stream during the event, or email me beforehand. If you want to witness it, it is best to message me through the live chat on YouTube. However, the broadcast will be archive if you want to view it later.
- Is your total raised on this webpage measured in CAD or USD?
- New this year, the website total shows in USD value, if I get a $100 CAD donation it will add about $75 to my fundraising page here. Last year, $100 CAD would show up the same as a $100 USD. I will convert the USD back to CAD when calculating for the challenge bonuses. So if I see $37.50 USD donation, I'll assume you made a $50 donation and you can request a $50 challenge for me.